As we all know, 2021 was a particularly challenging year due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Nevertheless, this unusual period has also left space for reflections and the development of new ideas.
Although these were intense and demanding months, we accepted the challenge with positivity and courage, confident that we are part of a sector with a strong appeal. The hardships and challenges we encountered have thus become opportunities for achieving new goals. Looking back, we can trace remarkable successes that we achieved within this period. We have summarized them here to remain a remembrance to us, but above all, to share them with you. They include the following.
- Among the most significant moments of 2021, we had one of the outstanding achievements of the Wine Spectator “seal,” which is attributed to the wine – Cà del Magro 2019 Custoza Superiore – the 59th position in the list of TOP 100 WINES 2021. One prestigious status was added to the previous recognition of the Tre Bicchieri issued by Gambero Rosso (a leading publishing group in the food culture and wine sector. “These awards symbolize our act of love for the area in which we live,” says the Bonomo family, “and also make us aware of our responsibility to increase its knowledge and awareness throughout the world.”
- 2021 also marked the start of the cellar’s implementation work: an operation that will be developed in five phases. The first step started on May 5th this year. It was dedicated to the concept of efficiency that materialized in the new bottling line. The first phase was completed last week. “The goal is to manufacture wines with an increasingly clear expression of the territory,” explains the Bonomo family. The remaining steps will focus on constructing and expanding our storage spaces and a new experimental cellar. As of great importance, we will focus on the spaces dedicated to wine tourism: new structures that will enhance the beauty of the surrounding area and make tourists appreciate our love for nature while drinking a glass of our elegant wines.
- The year 2021 was also marked with meaningful collaborations with new distributors and importers from different countries. Twelve new countries will be ambassadors of the Monte del Frà style. These nations include New Zealand, Korea, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Azerbaijan, Kenya, Malta, Kazakhstan, Albania, and Kosovo.
- Another achievement is the constant growth of our Wine Club. Today our family is comprised of more than 3.700 active users from abroad. The number of users of our wine has increased rapidly despite the hardships posed by the pandemic. In addition, the most loyal wine lovers will find a place of common interest here: our wine! They can also benefit from dedicated events at the cellar, monthly recipes, content regarding the world of wine, and a personal assistant to know their wine’s longevity and food pairing.
- Finally, we will tell you how successful our “Aperi-Picnic in the vineyard” format was during the summer months of 2021. Many (more than 500 people!) joined us at the cellar to benefit from the sunset, a tour hilltop, taste wines with food, and music by Steve Biondi.
“We are proud to end this year with many satisfactions even if difficulties marked it,” – declares the Bonomo family – “Our team is excellent, and we cannot stop thinking how wonderful it is for us to have their support every day.”