Monte del Frà pairings: Pizza with rocket salad, ricotta and cherry tomatoes
A homemade, wholemeal and vegetarian pizza, with good, healthy ingredients and an unmistakable flavor. Here it is for you paired with our Bardolino DOC.
Foodies from all over the world get the apron and rolling pin, today we are going to be in the magical world of Italian pizza! This pizza is special because it is a very light one, which will make even those on diets happy. With its fragrance and rustic flavor it will become an excellent ally for summer evenings in the garden with friends. And there is more! As passionate wine lovers we certainly couldn’t leave you thirsty. Of course we have the perfect wine pairing.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 min
COOKING: 25 min
DOSES: 2 people
145 ml warm water
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
4 g (0,14 oz) dried active baking yeast
10 g (0,35 oz) salt
30 g (1,05 oz) Extra virgin olive oil
300 g (10,58 oz) Wholemeal flour
200 g (7,05 oz) Tomato sauce
125 g (4,40 oz) Ricotta cheese
10 Cherry tomatoes
10 g (0,35 oz) Extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon of salt
- First you want to proof your yeast. Whisk the sugar with the warm water in a large bowl. Gently sprinkle your yeast into the warm water and leave the mixture for 5 minutes. The yeast and the sugar will react in the water and produce a lovely foam. Next you will add the salt and the extra virgin olive oil.
- Add the flour to the mixture. And now, we mix with. With the flour added to the mixture, use your hands to gently mix the ingredients. You will quickly observe the dough taking shape; move the dough around the bowl to absorb all the flour.
- Knead the dough for five minutes ( kneading will create a more glutenous base and produce a dough as a soft butter.
- With the dough gently kneaded, use a bit of olive oil to coat the dough in the bowl. Place a slightly damp tea towel over the bowl and allow the dough to rise for almost 40 minutes.
- Your dough should have risen to nearly twice its size. After punching down the dough, give it another good knead and let it rise one more time for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Now, you have pizza dough. Using a flat surface, a rolling pin and a little extra flour, roll your dough into a 2 circle shape. Use a fork and repeatedly stab the base to ensure the dough absorbs whatever sauce or oil you add.
- Using a spoon, pour the tomato sauce on the pizza base. Add oregano and a pinch of salt. Arrange the rocket salad and add the tomatoes cut in half and the ricotta flakes.
- Bake at 180 ° for about 35 – 40 min.